You have probably heard the question of whether baking soda and baking powder is similar being asked numerous times already. While there are factors that make them seem alike such as appearance and the fact that they are both leavening agents, these two are chemically different in every sense of the way. In this article, we will explain the differences that exist between the two and get into the nitty-gritty of where you can find the two being used.
Baking soda is a mineral base that produces bubbles of carbon dioxide when mixed with moisture and acidic components such as buttermilk, yogurt, honey, and chocolate.
Baking powder is a mixture of sodium bicarbonate otherwise known as baking soda and an acidifying agent. Although all the ingredients in baking powder stay inert, when a liquid is added to the mixture carbon dioxide is often produced in a process that gives the baking powder its lifting power.
Differences between the two
- Whereas baking powder has no taste, baking soda has a tangy taste that quickly becomes soapy or bitter when one doesn’t get the measurements right.
- Baking soda has a unique color and texture that turns one’s cooking to a nice golden color whereas baking powder has no color.
Contexts in Which Baking Soda and Baking Powder Are Used
- Unclogging drains in the house or elsewhere.
- Cleaning and deodorizing.
- Removing heel marks from linoleum floors.
- Neutralizing odors.
- Fire extinguishing.
- Giving an extra lift in baking.
Other than the ingredients you use, the other thing that determines whether the kind of food you bring to the table will be worth your while is the kind of kitchen tools and accessories you use. Most especially the wood cutting board and the type of knife you choose to cut your vegetables and pieces of meat with. That is the reason as to why the importance of quality and clean kitchen tools cannot be downplayed when it comes to coming up with a delicacy worth savoring. Remember, your food can only be as good as your kitchen accessories and your ingredients.
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing Good E-commerce Product Descriptions - June 18, 2018
- Tips to increase Activity on your Business’ Facebook Page - March 23, 2018
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Organic Search Ranking - February 23, 2018